Monday 4 July 2011

Something New Every Day - Writing

So I have already begun finding the answers to why I have started a blog out of the blue. It all comes down to writing.

Previously I really enjoyed creative writing and ended up taking a class at college. It really inspired me and gave me some insights as well. I because a write-aholic! I was writing around the clock! Waking up in the middle of the night to jot something down and definitely NEVER leaving home without a paper and a pen.

And then life got a bit overwhelming, and not all in a bad way. More like a busy way. I got a job at sea and was busy enjoying the chance to travel!

Now I am back home. From time to time I miss writing and have spent time looking up writing groups and purchased a few guides. It all came back to that college class when I started writing this blog last night. Initially, to inspire creativity, one of our weekly assignments is that our teacher would give us a word, phrase or even a photograph and we would have to write about it. I think this is my way of recreating that assignment to wake up my creative writing skills. Giving myself a topic to write about every day, especially with this title will light a small fire beneath me and force me to dust off that corner of my brain and start writing.

It is suggested to write what you know. I am going to start with that, AND with what I don't know. I really do want to expand my knowledge by finding answers to those little questions at the back of my mind. This will be a place to both express my life experiences, of which I am starting to accept and learn from, and also learn something new everyday - about myself, life and maybe you too!

I am already excited about what will come of this. I hope some of you will join me for this adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment